How We Incorporate Aspects of a Virtual Law Office to Our Practice
We have watched the development of the virtual law practice, and we know that some attorneys use a VLO as the sole means for providing legal services in certain practice areas.
We realize there are aspects that can be used by all attorneys who maintain a traditional law office for practicing law in most areas of practice.
We offer the use of online tools in our family estate planning area and our small business services area. We provide PDF fillable forms to these clients in a shared folder using the Dropbox service to gather the details to complete estate planning documents and to incorporate a new business.
We have used these online tools in working with a property manager for a homeowner association, and in helping a neighborhood set up their association and to establish an online portal for the directors to maintain records and reports.
Our Delivery of Legal Services Using Online Tools
- Initial Consultation with a licensed attorney regarding your legal needs by phone call scheduled using an online scheduling system.
- Initial Consultation appointment time and reminder by email communication.
- Initial Consultation aided by using internet browser for visuals to illustrate and explain our services.
- Details gathered by using a shared online folder as a client portal – the Dropbox service is used for the client portal.
- Questions and concerns can be posted in the shared folder along with responses.
- Receive documents online for review and comments.
- Manage the direction and scope of legal services you need.
More About the Dropbox Service
HOW IT WORKS – After you download the application and set up an account with the service, a new folder (“MY DROPBOX”) will be added to your existing folders within the default documents folder (usually the “MY DOCUMENTS” folder).
Then any file you save to the My Dropbox folder also instantly saves to all computers and smartphones that are linked to the same account and have the application installed, and to the Dropbox website.